Activities Around Sam Houston RV Campground
Sam Houston National Forest
The Sam Houston National Forest is a great place to get away from the hustle and bustle of city life. The trails are excellent for long hikes, and you can enjoy many different activities such as camping or fishing in the lakes.
- Things to do: Huntsville State Park, Lone Star Hiking Trail , Big Creek Scenic Area, Little Lake Creek Wilderness, Lake Raven.
The Woodlands Mall/ Restaurants
The Woodlands in Texas. It’s a master-planned community and census-designated place in the U.S. state of Texas, located about 25 miles (40 km) north of Houston. The Woodlands offers plenty of dining options from fine dining to casual, family-friendly dining to fast food joints.
- Things to do: The Woodlands Mall, The Woodlands Children’s Museum, George Mitchell Nature Preserve, Northshore Park, Waterway Square, Waterway Trolley, Town Green Park, Rob Fleming Aquatic Center, W G Jones State Forest.
Second largest lake located in Texas within East Texas Piney Woods.
- Fish species found are: White bass, Striped bass, Channel catfish, Largemouth bass, Redear sunfish.
- Things to do: Lake Livingston State Park, Lake Livingston Dam, Lake Livingston Youpon Loop, Pine Island, San Jacinto County Old Jail
Lake Conroe is a 21,000 acre lake in Montgomery county. It offers a wide variety of activities for people to enjoy throughout the year!
- Things to do: Lake Conroe Park, P-6 Farms, Thousand Trail Road, Lewis Creek Reservoir, Lake Conroe LightHouse
- Fish species: Fish: White bass, Channel catfish, Striped bass, Largemouth bass, Bluegill
Sam Houston Statue
A Tribute to Courage Monument is located in Huntsville, Texas. This is the place where Sam Houston lived and died. Check out their visitor center to learn more about Sam Houston!
Downtown Huntsville offers shopping/attractions, dining/ Nightlife that will keep you entertained throughout your stay at our campsite!